WUFI® User (1D)
Hygrothermal modelling is the analysis of heat flow and moisture flow at the same time. It’s an incredibly useful tool for helping to predict the risk of moisture problems in building elements during design stage.
There will be a growing demand for this type of analysis in New Zealand. Take this opportunity to start offering WUFI® modelling for design assurance.
Register for WUFI® User (1D)
This course takes a more detailed look at analysis for condensation risk, mould growth risk, corrosion risk, timber rot and air transported water vapour using WUFI® Pro 1D simulation of a building element. By the end of this session the attendee will be able to:
- Build models for specific purposes in WUFI Pro 1D
- Interpret the results and describe all WUFI Pro 1D input and output parameters and the sensitivity of these
- Modify detailed material properties
- Adapt material libraries
- Model ventilation sources in cavities
- Model moisture sources
- Model heat sources
- Model rainwater leaks into construction systems
- Model shading features on roofs
- Set up models specifically to analyse condensation risk, mould growth, corrosion, timber rot in sheathing materials and the effects of air transported water vapour
- Interpret and present detailed simulation results for specific purposes
CPD / LBP points apply.
- Venue: pro clima HUB, Penrose, Auckland
- Length: 1 day (9 am – 4:30 pm)
- Cost: $600 (+GST)
- Catered: Lunch, morning and afternoon tea included
- Special requirements: Please bring your own laptop
- Software: A time limited (6 week) non-commercial licence for WUFI® Pro software will be available
- Prerequisite: WUFI® Basics (1D)
If you’re interested in carrying on after this course to learn about advanced analysis of two dimensional forms, check out WUFI® Advanced (2D).