This session provides an outline of what WUFI® software is, why it’s of benefit to the New Zealand building industry, and options for increasing the uptake of hygrothermal modelling. There will also be a chance to meet with some of the leading, local experts.
- The history of WUFI® and the Fraunhofer Institute
- The science of heat flow
- The science of moisture flow
- The WUFI® software suite
- Material properties
- Key building performance criteria for durability and health
- Incorporating WUFI® modelling into your business
- Venue: pro clima HUB, Penrose, Auckland
- Length: 2 hours including networking
- Cost: $20 (+GST)
- Catered: Wine, beer and canapés
- Special Requirements: No special requirements or equipment required
- Software: None. (For your interest, WUFI® Light (Pro) which can be downloaded from here for free.)
- Prerequisite: Sense of humour
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now
You will be provided with an introduction to the science of coupled heat and moisture analysis and material properties. Participants will learn what hygrothermal modelling and WUFI® software is capable of, become confident to request an analysis from a practitioner and will become able to understand the results of modelling.
What is a blower door and why is it one of the best tools we have for measuring building performance?
Get recognised for your professional expertise in the application of high performance weathertightness and airtightness solutions. Certification allows you to offer a complete installation service and gives architects and project managers confidence in your expertise.
You will be provided with competency in one dimensional hygrothermal modelling of building elements such as walls, roofs and floors using WUFI® Pro. Participants will become able to set up and run a WUFI® 1D simulation of a building element. They will also become able to interpret and present the results of the simulation.