Hygrothermal modelling is the analysis of heat flow and moisture flow at the same time. It’s an incredibly useful tool for helping to predict the risk of moisture problems in building elements during design stage.
There will be a growing demand for this type of analysis in New Zealand. Take this opportunity to start offering WUFI® modelling for design assurance.
Introduction to the science of coupled heat and moisture analysis and material properties. This one day course provides hands on training for practitioners wanting to know how to carry out a hygrothermal analysis and how to effectively interpret the results. By the end of the course the attendee will be able to:
- Install and set up WUFI® Pro software
- Navigate the software and understand the features
- Set up a project
- Access climate files
- Understand the compatibility with weather synthesis programs
- Use product material libraries
- Define and edit basic vapour permeability properties for membranes
- Run simulations
- Understand the concepts behind initial conditions, moisture and heat sources and sinks
- Model basic ideal systems
- How to interpret and present simulation results
- Venue: pro clima HUB, Penrose, Auckland
- Length: 1 Day (9 am – 4:30 pm)
- Cost: $400 (+GST)
- Catered: Lunch, morning and afternoon tea included
- Special Requirements: Please bring your own laptop
- Software: A time limited (6 week) non-commercial licence for WUFI® Pro software will be available
- CPD points: 60 (NZRAB)
If you’re interested in knowing what WUFI® is, when a model should be completed and how to interpret the analysis, then this 1 day course is for you.
Interested in attending? Have a suggestion about running this event near you?
Register your interest now